Turning of the Week
Newest Challenge

Have you checked out the
Gallery yet? Our members have posted some of their very best work for you to see – all in one convenient location!

Pen and bottle stopper blanks

This forum is for NON-commercial advertisements to buy, sell, or trade woodturning related items.
Mike Cruz

Pen and bottle stopper blanks

Postby Mike Cruz » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:34 pm

I'm trying to purge my pen and bottle stopper blanks (mostly pen). At this price, I'm practically giving them away. I'm looking for a buyer for the lot of them. Hundreds and hundreds of curly, figured (crotch), burl, ambrosia, in maple, cherry, walnut, FBE and more.

50 cents each for someone that wants all I've got. Here are some samples, but honestly, the pics don't do them justice.

SANY2612 - Copy - Copy (2).JPG
Wood hoarder, and proud of it!
GO-TO caliber: 357 mag

Mike Cruz

Re: Pen and bottle stopper blanks

Postby Mike Cruz » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:01 pm

I just agreed to send someone a Large Flat Rate box of blanks. Not what I was looking for, but it'll do. Since I've done it for someone already, I'm extending that offer to everyone else.

I got 154 pen blanks in the LFR box ($18). So, it is roughly 150 pen blanks for roughly $100. You can use that as a rough guide, but you'll pay for what you get...the other guy is paying $95.

If there is anyone that would like a LFR box chocked full of beautiful blanks, let me know.

Mike Cruz

Postby Mike Cruz » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:41 pm

Well, so far, I've sold about 700 blanks. I still have 150-300 left. And they aren't 'bottom of the barrel' blanks! A person can just only turn so many pens of the same kind of wood, I suppose.

Want a lifetime supply (okay, maybe not a lifetime supply, but 150) of pen blanks for $100 shipped (LG flat rate box CONUS)? Nothing is ordinary wood. All figured.

Mike Cruz

Postby Mike Cruz » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:10 am

Sending out pretty much the last of the pen blanks I've got (yeah, still more, but not enough to fill a LFR box). I'm sure I'll be making more if anyone wants/needs some.

Still have plenty of bottle stopper blanks (or for whatever you'd want to use them for...). Most are much bigger than what you'd use for bottle stoppers. I just cut the extras into the biggest sizes I can...and I call them 'bottle stopper blanks'.

Return to “Classified Ads”